Since 2018, Voi has been on a mission to create safe, sustainable and reliable micromobility for everyone. Today we are the #1 e-scooter service in Europe, operating in 100 cities with over 100 MILLION rides to date. It has been an amazing journey and we have no intention of stopping now!
We are now looking for a Senior Android Engineer to join one of our teams that is focusing on one of our most important areas - growth!
YOUR MISSION AT VOI
As a Senior Android Engineer you’re a part of a cross functional team with highly skilled backend engineers, mobile engineers, UX designers and product professionals. The team owns development and delivery of products and features built on the Android rider app used by over a million of end users.
You will be a part of the Android chapter and take part in developing what mobile development is at Voi. Your responsibility is also to build features that engage and empower our users and drive the app experience forward. This will include:
- Design, develop and maintain applications and APIs for mobile devices that typically include internet and messaging functions.
- Analyze business requirements and develop high-performance, innovative and useful mobile software solutions for Android.
- Keep track of the latest fast changing mobile developments.
- Tests cutting-edge techniques and tools to apply to new mobile solutions.
- Ensure high level of quality, usability and maintainability of the components and code.
- Participate in all aspects of product development from detailed programming to high-level system design.
WHAT YOU NEED TO EMBARK
Except an interest in staying up to date on Android development, you have:
- 3+ years of experience developing native Android applications with Kotlin
- Understand and contribute using our tech stack (Jetpack Compose, LiveData, Data Binding, Coroutines, Retrofit, Dagger2)
- Ability to communicate technical ideas clearly and effectively
- Write well-structured, testable, reliable, efficient and easily maintainable code
- Preferably worked with GPS/Map based Android applications with complex UI’s.
- Solid understanding of application architecture and variants of UI design patterns such as MVP/MVVM/MVI
- Great team player working collaboratively with other engineers, Product Managers and designers to build a great app and experience
Working at Voi is more than just a job; Our People Promise includes a personal Voiage where you will grow as a professional and be a part of a team and culture that builds something meaningful for society. In addition to this you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Join Europes #1 micromobility company
- Get “skin in the game” through our employee options program and be a part of building a world class organisation
- Work with inspiring, motivated and fun colleagues towards a common goal
- Join the micromobility-revolution and be a part of creating sustainable cities made for living, free from noise and pollution