Voi is on a mission to create safe, sustainable and reliable micromobility for everyone, and has been since 2018. Today we are the #1 e-scooter service in Europe with operations in 100+ cities across 12 countries and over 125 million rides to date. It has been an amazing journey and we have no intention of stopping now. To continue our growth across Europe we are now looking for a Public Policy Manager for the UK.
The micromobility scene is evolving, and after over three years of operation in the UK Voi’s services across England have become key parts of those towns and cities’ transport infrastructure.
Do you want to be part of shaping the future of micromobility? Here’s your chance to join the Voiage of a lifetime!
YOUR MISSION AT VOI
The Public Policy Manager, UK, and Ireland will build and develop highly effective, trusted, and resilient relationships with local city stakeholders, non-governmental organisations, businesses, and regulators. Cementing and growing Voi’s position as a responsible micromobility operator with a leading service and reputation for safety, sustainability, accessibility, and inclusivity. In this role, you will be collaborating with local, regional, and central teams to set Voi up for successful tenders in the region. This will include:
- Represent Voi in national and devolved governments and other stakeholder meetings, such as NGO and business groups. You would act as one of Voi’s policy relationship holders in a number of UK and Irish markets
- Develop and own stakeholder playbooks, policy position papers, and other content
- Work alongside Voi’s communications team, which also reports to the Head of Policy, to ensure Voi’s advocacy goals are met
- Work closely with Voi’s City Success, Operations, Product, and Legal teams to ensure that Voi’s operations are legally compliant, and to pitch product and service features that support Voi’s public policy goals
- Lead Voi’s market development activities, including leading the preparation of tender responses
- Act as a nominated spokesperson for Voi in the media and public-facing events
- Monitor and navigate the regulatory environment, identifying and engaging with core stakeholders.
WHAT YOU NEED TO EMBARK
At Voi, you’ll come across new opportunities regularly. We’re operating in uncharted territory and having a proven previous experience of problem solving will assist you along the way. While not an exhaustive list, and you will not necessarily need all of these, this is what we’re looking for in our next Policy Manager:
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience working in close, regular contact with the most complex political or regulatory stakeholders
- Understanding of the legislative process and how to influence it
- Experience in developing and implementing a successful public affairs strategy
- Experience in close engagement with politicians and their officials, first responders, and regional branches of national and politically influential charities and membership organisations
- Demonstrable interest in the transport sector and an understanding of transport infrastructure and governance in the UK
- Demonstrable interest in sustainability issues
- Experience in market development
- An established network of contacts in the relevant political, transport or NGO areas.
Working at Voi is more than just a job; Our People Promise includes a personal Voiage where you will grow as a professional and be a part of a team and culture that builds something meaningful for society. In addition to this, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Join Europe's #1 micromobility company
- Get “skin in the game” through our employee options program and play a crucial part in maximizing VOI’s global revenue
- Have a direct impact on our continued success and the development of the micromobility industry in the UK
- Work with inspiring, motivated, and fun colleagues towards a common goal.