Since 2018, Voi has been on a mission to create safe, sustainable and reliable micromobility for everyone. Today we are the #1 e-scooter service in Europe, operating in 100+ cities with over 100 MILLION rides to date. It has been an amazing journey and we have no intention of stopping now! We’re now looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our work on using ML solutions to build cities made for living.
YOUR MISSION AT VOI
As a Machine learning engineer, you will play a crucial role to design, build and maintain machine learning models for all our business areas. You will work on problems where you will get to utilize your skills in such interrelated disciplines as software engineering, data engineering, data science and machine learning. In the end, you will drive and contribute to solutions of some of our key problems around maximizing availability, reliability & safety, and parking. You will be joining the team that is uniquely positioned to ensure that our users have a scooter nearby at the time and place they need it. Further, you will have a big impact on anticipating and acting early on a vehicle’s maintenance needs, which plays a key role in the good user riding experience.
Your responsibilities will include:
- You will be embedded in a cross-functional product team and contribute to building machine learning projects end-to-end, starting from a business problem, building solution hypotheses, defining data requirements, creating prototypes, implementing it into production, and measuring the business impact
- Drive and co-develop production-grade models with a focus on reliability and scalability. Prioritize between different solution paths together with the product manager while focusing on expected business impact
- With the team's support, make improvements and maintain our machine learning platform which ensures that machine learning products at Voi follow the state of the art MLOps standards
- Collaborate with colleagues towards improving team ways-of-working and supporting each other through learning and sharing
WHAT YOU NEED TO EMBARK
We’re looking for a Machine Learning professional with experience from working in a fast-paced environment. In addition to being fluent in English, we believe the right person has:
- Higher education in one of the mathematical sciences such as computer science, mathematics, physics, bioinformatics or with a similar, data centric, degree
- A strong business sense with laser focus on business value and user impact
- Fluency in Python and software engineering in general
- Experience of working with real-time inference and/or MLOps in GCP is a bonus
- Documented experience in developing production-quality software
- Hands-on contribution to managing projects from start to finish – from tackling business challenges to planning, building, launching, and keeping an eye on the results.
Working at Voi is more than just a job; Our People Promise includes a personal Voiage where you will grow as a professional and be a part of a team and culture that builds something meaningful for society. In addition to this you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Join Europes #1 micromobility company
- Get “skin in the game” through our employee options program and be a part of building a world class organisation and a scalable ML function
- Voi is a multicultural company with employees from all over the world, which is something we value deeply. With a flexible public holiday policy, you have the opportunity to choose which holidays, religious or cultural, you want to celebrate.
- We do hackdays and lab days to inspire growth and explore new solutions to problems. We hope to see creative ideas to tackle hard problems that you find important to solve with colleagues outside your inner team.
- While everyone is encouraged to meet their colleagues at the office, we do have a hybrid setup when it comes to remote work in order to find the optimal work-life-balance.
- Join the micromobility-revolution and be a part of creating sustainable cities made for living, free from noise and pollution