Since 2018, Voi has been on a mission to create safe, sustainable and reliable micromobility for everyone. Today we are the #1 e-scooter service in Europe, operating in 100+ cities with over 100 MILLION rides to date. It has been an amazing journey and we have no intention of stopping now! We’re now looking for a Data Platform Engineer to our Platform team.
YOUR MISSION AT VOI
As a Data Platform Engineer you get an unprecedented opportunity to take part in the true range of engineering; from designing the vehicle, soldering the IoT hardware, creating the communication protocol, developing the backend, innovating on the app, and finally operating all this as a whole.
If you’re an experienced backend developer with a keen interest in working with data, events, pipelines, models - in all shapes and forms - and know the ins and outs of scalability and high throughput; then we'd love to talk to you about joining our engineering teams. In our cross-functional squads you would get an amazing opportunity to shape the future of Voi’s data platform.
Snowflake, dbt, Terraform and Airflow are at the heart of our current data platform. We are using Tableau and Metabase for data visualization.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Design and build a world-class self-serve data platform
- Build scalable capabilities that enables other squads to develop, operate and manage their own data products
- Design, implement and operate streaming and batch data products that scale
- Participate in designing Voi’s common data architecture
- Be a leader for data quality, data governance and data product thinking towards the rest of the company
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO EMBARK
- A university degree in the scientific field (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Business)
- Professional work experience from backend engineering and data.
- Proven experience and ability working with no supervision in SQL
- Experience from developing on public cloud, e.g. GCP
- Knowledge of working with Python, Scala or Java
- Experience in Snowflake
- Experience from Data Building Tool (dbt)
- Professional working proficiency in English, Swedish is not required
Working at Voi is more than just a job; Our People Promise includes a personal Voiage where you will grow as a professional and be a part of a team and culture that builds something meaningful for society. In addition to this you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Join Europes #1 micromobility company
- Get “skin in the game” through our employee options program and be a part of building a world class organisation and a scalable people-function
- Have a direct impact on our continued success and the development of the micromobility industry
- Work with inspiring, motivated and fun colleagues towards a common goal
- Join the micromobility-revolution and be a part of creating sustainable cities made for living, free from noise and pollution