Fleet Specialist (Mechanic/Driver), AM-Shift, Liverpool
We usually respond within two weeks
Voi is on a mission to create safe, sustainable and reliable micromobility for everyone, and has been since 2018. Today we are the #1 e-scooter service in Europe, operating in 100+ cities with over 125 MILLION rides to date. It has been an amazing journey and we have no intention of stopping now.
Our operations in the UK are continuing to expand, and to ensure the efficiency and quality in our fleet operations we’re now looking for a Fleet Specialist (Driver/Mechanic) to join our team in Liverpool . This role gives you the opportunity to have a direct impact on our fleet readiness, and be a part of building a company that will fundamentally change the way people live in European cities for decades to come. Are you ready for a VOIage?
YOUR MISSION AT VOI
As a Fleet Specialist (Driver/Mechanic), you are responsible for the maintenance and repair of our broken vehicles. In addition to repairing vehicles, you will be responsible for deploying, re-distributing and collecting broken vehicles around the city. This will include:
- Maintain and repair Voi’s fleet of vehicles, either at out warehouse locations or fixes out in the field.
- Diagnosing vehicles that are not functioning and suggesting repair action to be taken
- Assisting in receiving, packing, and deploying new vehicles and batteries arriving at the warehouse and recycling and disassembling vehicles
- Running efficient vehicle logistics: Optimising routes and developing standard operating procedures (SOP) to ease the workload and minimise vehicle downtime
- Re-distributing vehicles from low-demand areas to high-demand areas and re-parking vehicles parked incorrectly
- Searching, finding and collect vehicles in need of transportation back to the warehouse
- Execute battery swaps tasks in the streets of your city
- Making sure that our vehicles are deployed in a safe and compliant way and continuously evaluate and gather in-field insights to improve vehicle availability, parking and overall rider safety
- NOTE: our Talent Acquisition is based in Spain, you will receive a phone call from a Spanish number!
- Working shifts: 5 out of 7 (2-week shift pattern)
- Working hours: Am-Shift (06:00-15:00)
- Contract type: 6 months Fix-term Contract
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO EMBARK
- Full UK Driving License with a maximum of 6 points for minor offenses and no major offences and meet the requirements for our e-Van insurance. The reason for this is you may be required to drive one of our e-Van's occasionally.
- In-depth knowledge of your city and you’re used to driving in your city.
- Responsible team player that can manage tasks alone and also work well together in a group.
- Ability to motivate others and to share knowledge within the team.
- Pragmatic problem-solving mentality that executes tasks, finds solutions and works hard to reach the team targets and OKR’s.
- Ready to navigate your city in a van under any weather and traffic conditions.
- Has the ability to react calmly to stressful situations (poor parking, traffic…)
- You have a physical condition that allows you to carry heavy loads.
- Flexibility to work shifts including possible shifts during nights and weekends.
- PLEASE NOTE: You may be required to go through a DBS Check for this role
Working at Voi is more than just a job; Our People Promise includes a personal Voiage where you will grow as a professional and be a part of a team and culture that builds something meaningful for society. In addition to this you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Join Europes #1 micromobility company and one of the fastest growing scaleups.
- Have a direct impact on our continued success and the development of the micromobility industry in the UK-region.
- Work with inspiring, motivated and fun colleagues towards a common goal
- Join the micromobility-revolution and be a part of creating sustainable cities made for living, free from noise and pollution.
- Business area
- Fleet Operations
- Fleet Manager
- Employment type
Push boundaries - Dare to design the future of mobility
Build with empathy - Create long-lasting, sustainable impact
Ride together - Collaborate with the ambition of changing the world
About Voi Technology
Founded in 2018, Voi is a Swedish micromobility company offering e-scooter and e-bike sharing in partnership with towns, cities and local communities. We believe e-scooters can play a central role in changing how people move in our towns and cities in the future. We want to ensure that the micromobility transformation happens the right way - through real innovative technology, open and transparent dialogue with towns, cities and governments and by adapting our products to local needs. Voi’s holistic Environmental Action Plan tackles emissions and promotes renewable energy use and circularity along its supply chain.
Voi operates in over 100 towns and cities across 11 countries. It is headquartered in Stockholm and employs 1,000 people. To date, Voi boasts more than seven million riders and has served more than 125+ million rides.
We believe that having a wide diversity of people with different backgrounds and perspectives within Voi is essential to our success in delivering the best user experience to our equally diverse user base. With employees from over 50 nationalities working within Voi, we believe we have made good progress but know we can still do more. Regardless of your gender, background, or sexual orientation, we welcome applications from whoever you are including those actively serving as a Reservist or those who have served in the military and their spouses - what’s important for us is what skills and value you can bring to the Voi team. And of course that you’re a great Voi culture add! Therefore we actively discourage any photos, personal letters, or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.
Fleet Specialist (Mechanic/Driver), AM-Shift, Liverpool
Loading application form
Already working at Voi Technology?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.