Since 2018, Voi has been on a mission to create safe, sustainable and reliable micromobility for everyone. Today we are the #1 e-scooter service in Europe, operating in 100 cities with over 100 MILLION rides to date. It has been an amazing journey and we have no intention of stopping now!
We are now looking for an Android Engineer to join one of our teams that is focusing on one of our most important areas - building the products and features that help us make micromobility broadly accepted in society through great safety and smart parking solutions.
YOUR MISSION AT VOI
As an Android Engineer you’re a part of a cross functional team with highly skilled backend engineers, data scientists, ML engineers, UX designers and product professionals. The team owns development and delivery of products and features built on the Android rider app used by over a million of end users.
Our vision is to leverage real-time detection and predictive technology to anticipate and understand user behaviors and mitigate potential parking violations and accidents.
Your main responsibility is to build features that engage and empower our users and drive the app experience forward. This will include:
- Design, develop and maintain applications and APIs for mobile devices that typically include internet and messaging functions.
- Analyze business requirements and develop high-performance, innovative and useful mobile software solutions for Android.
- Keep track of the latest fast changing mobile developments.
- Tests cutting-edge techniques and tools to apply to new mobile solutions.
- Ensure high level of quality, usability and maintainability of the components and code.
- Participate in all aspects of product development from detailed programming to high-level system design.
WHAT YOU NEED TO EMBARK
Except an interest in staying up to date on Android development, you have:
- 3+ years of experience developing native Android applications with Kotlin
- Understand and contribute using our tech stack (Jetpack Compose, LiveData, Data Binding, Coroutines, Retrofit, Dagger2)
- Ability to communicate technical ideas clearly and effectively
- Write well-structured, testable, reliable, efficient and easily maintainable code
- Preferably worked with GPS/Map based Android applications with complex UI’s.
- Solid understanding of application architecture and variants of UI design patterns such as MVP/MVVM/MVI
- Great team player working collaboratively with other engineers, Product Managers and designers to build a great app and experience
Working at Voi is more than just a job; Our People Promise includes a personal Voiage where you will grow as a professional and be a part of a team and culture that builds something meaningful for society. In addition to this you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Join Europes #1 micromobility company
- Get “skin in the game” through our employee options program and be a part of building a world class organisation
- Work with inspiring, motivated and fun colleagues towards a common goal
- Join the micromobility-revolution and be a part of creating sustainable cities made for living, free from noise and pollution
- Business area
- Research & Development
- Mobile Engineering
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Push boundaries - Dare to design the future of mobility
Build with empathy - Create long-lasting, sustainable impact
Ride together - Collaborate with the ambition of changing the world
About Voi Technology
Founded in 2018, Voi is a Swedish micromobility company offering e-scooter and e-bike sharing in partnership with towns, cities and local communities. We believe e-scooters can play a central role in changing how people move in our towns and cities in the future. We want to ensure that the micromobility transformation happens the right way - through real innovative technology, open and transparent dialogue with towns, cities and governments and by adapting our products to local needs. Voi’s holistic Environmental Action Plan tackles emissions and promotes renewable energy use and circularity along its supply chain.
Voi operates in over 100 towns and cities across 11 countries. It is headquartered in Stockholm and employs 1,000 people. To date, Voi boasts more than seven million riders and has served more than 125+ million rides.
We believe that having a wide diversity of people with different backgrounds and perspectives within Voi is essential to our success in delivering the best user experience to our equally diverse user base. With employees from over 50 nationalities working within Voi, we believe we have made good progress but know we can still do more. Regardless of your gender, background, or sexual orientation, we welcome applications from whoever you are including those actively serving as a Reservist or those who have served in the military and their spouses - what’s important for us is what skills and value you can bring to the Voi team. And of course that you’re a great Voi culture add! Therefore we actively discourage any photos, personal letters, or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.
Loading application form
Already working at Voi Technology?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.