Community Engagement Intern
Please note: this is a 6 months full time internship paying £11.00 per hour
Voi is on a mission to create safe, sustainable and reliable micromobility for everyone and has been since 2018. Today we are the #1 e-scooter service in Europe, operating in 100+ cities with over 125 MILLION rides to date. It has been an amazing journey and we have no intention of stopping now.
We are looking for a Community Engagement Intern to make sure VOI is a success story in the UK. As part of the Marketing & Partnerships Team, you will be strengthening VOI’s presence in the UK market and ensuring that we build strong relationships with local partners and cities.
YOUR MISSION AT VOI
- Working with the Marketing & Partnership team to leverage the power of local community engagement and partnerships to position Voi as the most attractive micromobility provider in the industry.
- You will be responsible for executing our local partnership and community engagement strategy at a city level — strengthening our consortium of local stakeholders in the UK.
- Drive coordination and delivery of local partnership and engagement projects in collaboration with the Market Development-, City Success-, Policy-, Communication-, and Marketing teams.
- Act as a Voi ambassador, coordinating and attending some of our community and local partner engagement events (e.g webinars, meetups, seminars).
- Support and coordinate the successful delivery of our Safety Event programme with our national agency partner.
- Assisting the relevant teams with industry events (this includes pre-planning, deliverables, and event day execution)
- Responsible for responding to email enquiries about Voi partnerships, support and coordinating presence at local events
- You will report to the Partnership Manager UK
WHAT YOU NEED TO EMBARK
We are looking for someone with real hustle. Someone who is quick to learn and isn’t afraid to try new and crazy ideas. To succeed in this role, we believe you have:
- Experience in events, partnerships, and/or marketing or are enrolled in relevant studies ongoing, in the ﬁnal year or similar.
- Hands-on experience working with event planning, delivery and execution.
- Outgoing and a relationship-builder who has experience in event and stakeholder management.
- Great communication skills, both written and spoken (fluent in English) and confidence in communicating with internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Well organised, with attention to detail
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment, with a can-do attitude, willing to roll up their sleeves and make a vital contribution to a busy and fast paced team/ working environment
- Enthusiasm for tech, mobility, or urban industries would be of added value
- You will be based in London but travel, when able, to support our local markets
- The willingness to change cities for good
- Team player and hustler-owner mindset
- Proven marketing and/or partnership experience would be a plus.
- Work experience/interest in the start-up industry and urban mobility scene is welcome.
Working at Voi is more than just a job; Our People Promise includes a personal Voiage where you will grow professionally and be a part of a team and culture that builds something meaningful for society. In addition to this, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Join Europe's #1 micromobility company and one of the fastest growing scaleups.
- Have a direct impact on our continued success and the development of the micromobility industry in the UK-region.
- Work with inspiring, motivated and fun colleagues towards a common goal
- Join the micromobility-revolution and be a part of creating sustainable cities made for living, free from noise and pollution.
- Business area
- Business Operations
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Push boundaries - Dare to design the future of mobility
Build with empathy - Create long-lasting, sustainable impact
Ride together - Collaborate with the ambition of changing the world
About Voi Technology
Founded in 2018, Voi is a Swedish micromobility company offering e-scooter and e-bike sharing in partnership with towns, cities and local communities. We believe e-scooters can play a central role in changing how people move in our towns and cities in the future. We want to ensure that the micromobility transformation happens the right way - through real innovative technology, open and transparent dialogue with towns, cities and governments and by adapting our products to local needs. Voi’s holistic Environmental Action Plan tackles emissions and promotes renewable energy use and circularity along its supply chain.
Voi operates in over 100 towns and cities across 11 countries. It is headquartered in Stockholm and employs 1,000 people. To date, Voi boasts more than seven million riders and has served more than 125+ million rides.
We believe that having a wide diversity of people with different backgrounds and perspectives within Voi is essential to our success in delivering the best user experience to our equally diverse user base. With employees from over 50 nationalities working within Voi, we believe we have made good progress but know we can still do more. Regardless of your gender, background, or sexual orientation, we welcome applications from whoever you are including those actively serving as a Reservist or those who have served in the military and their spouses - what’s important for us is what skills and value you can bring to the Voi team. And of course that you’re a great Voi culture add! Therefore we actively discourage any photos, personal letters, or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.
Community Engagement Intern
Loading application form
Already working at Voi Technology?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.