Head of Corporate Development
Voi is on a mission to create safe, sustainable and reliable micromobility for everyone, and has been since 2018. Today we are the #1 e-scooter service in Europe with operations in 100+ cities across 11 countries, and over 125 million rides to date. It has been an amazing journey and we have no intention of stopping now. To continue our growth across Europe we are now looking for a Head of Corporate Development to lead our M&A efforts from HQ in Stockholm. Do you want to be a part of shaping the future of micromobility? Here is your chance to join the Voiage of a lifetime!
Do you want to learn more about what it is like to work in finance at Voi? Check out the video with our CFO & Deputy CEO Mathias Hermansson at the bottom of the page!
YOUR MISSION AT VOI
The Head of Corporate Development will report to the CFO and work in close collaboration with the executive team to lead Voi’s M&A efforts for technical, geographical and business model expansion in the micromobility sector. In this role you will work hands on from deal origination to execution, and integration. This will include:
- Executing and continuing to develop Voi’s M&A-strategy
- Driving and supporting CEO and CFO in deal negotiations
- Driving M&A processes and execution in close collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Leading and owning the due diligence process from start to finnish, including working hands on with target analysis and modelling
- Owning business plans and presentation materials for internal and external stakeholders
- Planing, supporting and executing post-deal integration to realise synergies
- Managing external stakeholders and building relationships with peer management teams, investment banks and deal advisors
- Supporting CEO and CFO with Board materials and producing materials for ongoing and ad hoc investor relations- and fundraising activities
- Managing and continuing to build the Corporate Development team over time
WHAT YOU NEED TO EMBARK
We are looking for an independent, hands-on and action oriented M&A professional, with a strong commercial acumen and the ability to manage multiple complex projects and deliver on ambitious goals within set deadlines. In addition to being fluent in English, we believe the right person have:
- A bachelor's degrees within finance, economics, engineering or another related field
- 6+ years experience from investment banking/corporate finance and in-house M&A
- Experience from leading negotiations and executing complex M&A deals
- Experience of leading the full due diligence process and working hands on with target analysis and investment modelling
- Strong data analytic capabilities and ability to independently manage and draw conclusions for large quantities of data
- Ability to create and present compelling material and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to program SQL and experience from equity- and debt raising is advantageous
Working at Voi is more than just a job; Our People Promise includes a personal Voiage where you will grow as a professional and be a part of a team and culture that builds something meaningful for society. In addition to this you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Join the #1 micromobility company in Europe and one of the fastest growing scaleups
- Have direct impact on Voi’s technical, geographical and business model expansion in the micromobility sector
- Get “skin in the game” through our employee options program and drive the development of a world-class corporate development function
- Join the micromobility-revolution and be a part of creating sustainable cities made for living, free from noise and pollution
- Business area
- Business Operations
- Corporate Finance
- Employment type
Meet our CFO - Mathias Hermansson
About Voi Technology
Founded in 2018, Voi is a Swedish micromobility company offering e-scooter and e-bike sharing in partnership with towns, cities and local communities. We believe e-scooters can play a central role in changing how people move in our towns and cities in the future. We want to ensure that the micromobility transformation happens the right way - through real innovative technology, open and transparent dialogue with towns, cities and governments and by adapting our products to local needs. Voi’s holistic Environmental Action Plan tackles emissions and promotes renewable energy use and circularity along its supply chain.
Voi operates in over 100 towns and cities across 11 countries. It is headquartered in Stockholm and employs 1,000 people. To date, Voi boasts more than seven million riders and has served more than 125+ million rides.
We believe that having a wide diversity of people with different backgrounds and perspectives within Voi is essential to our success in delivering the best user experience to our equally diverse user base. With employees from over 50 nationalities working within Voi, we believe we have made good progress but know we can still do more. Regardless of your gender, background, or sexual orientation, we welcome applications from whoever you are including those actively serving as a Reservist or those who have served in the military and their spouses - what’s important for us is what skills and value you can bring to the Voi team. And of course that you’re a great Voi culture add! Therefore we actively discourage any photos, personal letters, or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.
Head of Corporate Development
Loading application form
Already working at Voi Technology?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.