Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Since 2018, Voi has been on a mission to create safe, sustainable and reliable micromobility for everyone. Today we are the #1 e-scooter service in Europe, operating in 100 cities with over 100 MILLION rides to date. It has been an amazing journey and we have no intention of stopping now!
We are looking for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join our IoT Platform team. You, along with the team will be responsible for everything from experimenting with prototypes to final launch and deployment across 100K+ devices, taking concepts to production. Voi’s IoT solution is developed completely in-house including the hardware design, embedded software and backend integration.
YOUR MISSION AT VOI
As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer, you will be working closely with a team of embedded and backend developers to develop and implement embedded software solutions for our micro-mobility devices. This will include:
- Tech evaluations: Evaluate new technologies and make recommendations for their integration into our micro-mobility devices.
- Embedded software development: Develop, test, and maintain embedded software for our micro-mobility devices.
- CI/CD: Implement continuous integration and continuous delivery processes for our embedded software development.
- Collaborate with the team to design and implement new features and functionalities for our micro-mobility devices.
- Troubleshoot and debug any issues that arise during the development and testing of our embedded software.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in IoT and edge computing, and apply them to our micro-mobility devices.
WHAT YOU NEED TO EMBARK
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electronics, Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in embedded software development, with a focus on resource-constrained devices.
- Strong technical knowledge of embedded software development, including experience with C, Python, git.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Passion for technology and a desire to stay current with the latest developments in IoT and edge computing.
Working at Voi is more than just a job; Our People Promise includes a personal Voiage where you will grow as a professional and be a part of a team and culture that builds something meaningful for society. In addition to this you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Join Europes #1 micromobility company
- Get “skin in the game” through our employee options program and be a part of building a world class organisation
- Work with inspiring, motivated and fun colleagues towards a common goal
- Join the micromobility-revolution and be a part of creating sustainable cities made for living, free from noise and pollution
- Business area
- Research & Development
- Hardware Engineering
- Stockholm, Gothenburg
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
Push boundaries - Dare to design the future of mobility
Build with empathy - Create long-lasting, sustainable impact
Ride together - Collaborate with the ambition of changing the world
About Voi Technology
Founded in 2018, Voi is a Swedish micromobility company offering e-scooter and e-bike sharing in partnership with towns, cities and local communities. We believe e-scooters can play a central role in changing how people move in our towns and cities in the future. We want to ensure that the micromobility transformation happens the right way - through real innovative technology, open and transparent dialogue with towns, cities and governments and by adapting our products to local needs. Voi’s holistic Environmental Action Plan tackles emissions and promotes renewable energy use and circularity along its supply chain.
Voi operates in over 100 towns and cities across 11 countries. It is headquartered in Stockholm and employs 1,000 people. To date, Voi boasts more than seven million riders and has served more than 125+ million rides.
We believe that having a wide diversity of people with different backgrounds and perspectives within Voi is essential to our success in delivering the best user experience to our equally diverse user base. With employees from over 50 nationalities working within Voi, we believe we have made good progress but know we can still do more. Regardless of your gender, background, or sexual orientation, we welcome applications from whoever you are including those actively serving as a Reservist or those who have served in the military and their spouses - what’s important for us is what skills and value you can bring to the Voi team. And of course that you’re a great Voi culture add! Therefore we actively discourage any photos, personal letters, or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Loading application form
Already working at Voi Technology?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.