Since 2018, Voi has been on a mission to create safe, sustainable and reliable micromobility for everyone. Today we are the #1 e-scooter service in Europe, operating in 100+ cities with over 100 MILLION rides to date. It has been an amazing journey and we have no intention of stopping now! We’re now looking for a Senior Data Platform Engineer to continue our journey in building great, scalable and high performing products and also doing it for a good environmental cause.
YOUR MISSION AT VOI
As a Senior Data Platform Engineer, you are responsible for the setup, deployment and productionizing of data-intensive environments. You develop infrastructure as a code that will support the setup of the self-service data platform. At Voi, we host our data in GCP. Within your work, automating everything is written in your DNA.
- Design and build a self-serve data platform to enable other squads to develop, operate and manage their own data products
- Be a leader for data quality, data governance and data product thinking towards the rest of the company
- Participate in designing Voi’s common data architecture
- You will work closely with backend, infrastructure, machine learning, data analyst and other stakeholders.
- Be part of driving the creation of a tech strategy within your team, while ensuring alignment with the larger tech strategy across the organization.
- Influences the squad roadmap and help identify areas for tech improvement, efficiency, and innovation.
- Effectively share knowledge within the squad and across teams by developing thorough documentation and leading knowledge sharing efforts. Encourages and supports others in developing good sharing habits.
WHAT YOU NEED TO EMBARK
We’re looking for a social Senior Data Engineer with experience from multiple projects and stakeholders in a fast-paced environment. This might be you if you strive for engineering excellence in everything you do and if you are not afraid of new ideas and technology. In addition to having strong communication skills, we believe the right person has:
- You have 5+ years of experience in a data warehousing, data engineering, or data architect role
- You are inclusive of others when leading work and initiatives. Exhibit servant leadership in their interaction and drives inclusion and psychological safety in your squad.
- You are experienced with developing on public cloud, e.g. GCP
- You are familiar with infrastructure as code, monitoring and alerting infrastructure (Terraform, Grafana, Prometheus)
- You are experienced in modern data tools such as Snowflake, Airflow and dbt
- You have worked with Python, Scala or Java
- Professional working proficiency in English, Swedish is not required
Working at Voi is more than just a job; Our People Promise includes a personal Voiage where you will grow as a professional and be a part of a team and culture that builds something meaningful for society. In addition to this you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Join Europes #1 micromobility company
- Get “skin in the game” through our employee options program and be a part of building a world class organisation and a scalable data platform
- Work with inspiring, motivated and fun colleagues towards a common goal
- Join the micromobility-revolution and be a part of creating sustainable cities made for living, free from noise and pollution